Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What is Lyon silk worth?

I recently bought a scarf at a thrift store, because I loved the pattern of early 20th century (maybe late or mid 19th century) profiles waiting at the Porte Maillot. I discovered the tag, which is hanging by a mere thread said " marque syndicale d�pos�e des fabricants des soieries et tissus de lyon" which according to the google translator means "registered trademark of ociation of manufacturers of silk fabrics and lyon". I'm just wondering the true value of the scarf.. It's in okay condition, I also would like to know how to care for it and how to fix the tag without people thinking I might have just placed it on there. Now I'm not asking this in wanting to sell it, I'm just curious to see if I bought it at a good price ( about $2.25)?

No comments:

Post a Comment